Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Are you a pack rat? Even if you're not a full fledged pack rat, most people have one thing or another they struggle to part with. Tell us what's yours.
I wouldn't say it's a day worthy of having it's own celebration. Exactly how would one go about celebrating, I wonder?
I have pack rat tendencies. Not a full fledged one by any means, but I do have a hard time parting with books, letters, our children's artwork, and other sentimental things.
2. What are two things you know you should know how to do, but you don't?
How to use a hammer and nail. It looks so simple when others do it, but I can't pound a nail in anywhere without hitting my thumb or having the nail get all bent. It's a frustrating, laughable disaster.
Crocheting is also a joke when I attempt it. Not a pretty sight, at all.
3. Do you crave sugar? Do you add sugar to your coffee and/or tea? Do you use artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes? When dining out is dessert a given? Are you someone who has slain the sugar dragon, and if so tell us how you did it.
I don't crave sugar. I used to a lot, but thankfully I got a handle on it. I refuse to use artificial sweeteners and sugar substitutes. On the rare occasion we get to dine out I won't order dessert.
4. What's a trend it took a while for you to come round to, but now you can't imagine living without?
I am one of the most untrendiest people you could hope to meet. I can't think of any trends I have followed, ever.
5. What's a song that reminds you of a specific incident in your life? Please elaborate.
Fairest Lord Jesus
I learned how to sing that song the summer I was sixteen. My parents were adding a huge addition to their woodworking shop. While I was singing away happily in the kitchen, the contractors were busy right outside the open window doing the concrete work.
When ever I hear that song I am transported back there again.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm fighting with my printer the past few days. Half way through the latest cartridge of black ink, it decided it's time to change it. When ever I need to print something, it refuses. An alert will pop up on my computer screen saying that it won't print because a counterfeit cartridge has been detected. Hello! It's still the same expensive HP cartridge I installed earlier and it had been working great.
I've been taking it out and putting it back in. It will print one page and then go through the whole thing again. Annoying!