Wednesday, June 3, 2015
I don't have any special June or summery plans. Sailor on the other hand is looking forward to having hay season begin.
2. In what way have you come full circle?
I've been going in circles trying to come up with an answer for this one. I started off with not knowing how I'll answer it. Thought of a few things that I didn't really want to share, and came back a full circle .... still not knowing how to answer.
3. Lonely Planet lists 10 spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why. How many on the list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?
Queens NY, Western South Dakota, New Orleans, Colorado River Region, North Conway NH, Indianapolis IN, Greenville SC, Oakland CA, Duluth MN, and the Mount Shasta Region CA
I have seen Indianapolis IN, mostly just passing through and really didn't think it seemed particularly appealing as a place to spend a lot of time.
Of the options given, the Colorado River Region appeals to me the most.
4. A song that describes your mood right now?
5. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry short cake, strawberry pie, or strawberries right off the vine...your favorite?
Strawberry pie is one of my all time favorite desserts.
I really like them fresh off the vine too, especially the little gnarled ones. As a little girl I used to feel sorry for them being surrounded by big picture perfect strawberries, and here they were small, gnarled, and ugly, but they were always much sweeter than the beautiful ones, so they rarely ever made it out of the strawberry patch. I'd eat them as soon as I found one.
6. Aesop's birthday is celebrated on June 4th, although there is some disagreement as to whether or not that's accurate, or if he was even a real person. Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well known fables. Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now? The Tortoise and the Hare (Slow and Steady wins the race), The Ant and the Grasshopper (Be prepared), The Fox and the Goat (Look before you leap) or The Crow and the Pitcher (Necessity is the mother of invention)?
The Tortoise and the Hare.
We've been patiently waiting and working towards a certain goal, and it looks like it will be paying off.
7. The answer is yes...what's the question?
Are you looking forward to start reading your favorite series of books this weekend?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We had a very pleasant visit with my parents and brothers last week. I hadn't seen my two youngest brothers for years and had to blink several times before it sank in that they're young men now instead of little school boys.