Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What's something you're looking forward to in the month of June?

I don't have any special June or summery plans. Sailor on the other hand is looking forward to having hay season begin.

2. In what way have you come full circle?

I've been going in circles trying to come up with an answer for this one. I started off with not knowing how I'll answer it. Thought of a few things that I didn't really want to share, and came back a full circle .... still not knowing how to answer.

3. Lonely Planet lists 10 spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why. How many on the list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?

Queens NY, Western South Dakota, New Orleans, Colorado River Region, North Conway NH, Indianapolis IN, Greenville SC, Oakland CA, Duluth MN, and the Mount Shasta Region CA

I have seen Indianapolis IN, mostly just passing through and really didn't think it seemed particularly appealing as a place to spend a lot of time.

Of the options given, the Colorado River Region appeals to me the most.

4. A song that describes your mood right now?



5. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry short cake, strawberry pie, or strawberries right off the vine...your favorite?

Strawberry pie is one of my all time favorite desserts.

I really like them fresh off the vine too, especially the little gnarled ones. As a little girl I used to feel sorry for them being surrounded by big picture perfect strawberries, and here they were small, gnarled, and ugly, but they were always much sweeter than the beautiful ones, so they rarely ever made it out of the strawberry patch. I'd eat them as soon as I found one.

6. Aesop's birthday is celebrated on June 4th, although there is some disagreement as to whether or not that's accurate, or if he was even a real person. Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well known fables. Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now? The Tortoise and the Hare (Slow and Steady wins the race), The Ant and the Grasshopper (Be prepared), The Fox and the Goat (Look before you leap) or The Crow and the Pitcher (Necessity is the mother of invention)?

The Tortoise and the Hare.

We've been patiently waiting and working towards a certain goal, and it looks like it will be paying off.

7. The answer is yes...what's the question?

Are you looking forward to start reading your favorite series of books this weekend?

8. Insert your own random thought here.

We had a very pleasant visit with my parents and brothers last week. I hadn't seen my two youngest brothers for years and had to blink several times before it sank in that they're young men now instead of little school boys.

13 comments:

  1. I will miss strawberry picking this year. Right about now is when they're best here, but with our move I won't get there. Next year! I'm glad you enjoyed time with your family : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your family. Summer reading-I can't wait! What series are you going to read?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never gone strawberry picking, and oddly enough, my city-slicker husband has. We always had blueberries and blackberries, so I guess I prefer those :)

    Farin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who Am I has got to be the best contemporary Christian song out there. What a message it has! That one and Before The Throne are my two favorites. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drove around Indianapolis once... isn't that the one with a giant highway circle surrounding it? I couldn't figure out where to turn on my way to St Louis! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never realized that gnarled strawberries tasted sweeter! I'll file that info away for future reference when picking berries.
    I'm glad you had a good visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This video is beautiful. I have a family member whose husband suddenly went into cardiac arrest and the doctors say there is nothing more they can do for him. However, he cried yesterday during prayer so she has hope and trusts gods will. If you know of a video like this that I can send her to keep her in faith and lift her spirits, I'd really appreciate it. They have three young boys 8 mo-10 yes old. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful video and one of my favorite songs next to Amazing Grace. I'm so happy that you were a ken o have a good visit with your family. I that's very precious to you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never picked strawberries, but have picked blueberries. Mmmm strawberry pie has my mouth watering! Dang now I need to buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grew up in Indianapolis - for a city it was ok. I have lived in the country since I was a young adult and can't imagine living in any city now. I remember a popular newspaper writer used to say Indiana was flat and boring. Indiana has some beautiful areas and I feel I live in one.

    I am glad you had a good visit with your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good choice of song. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy that you had a nice visit with your family. Those are precious times......

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you and your family were able to have a good visit! I also like Casting Crowns (that song, too) and Strawberries...plucked and eaten (only if they grow wild.) We have a ton of them on our tree farm but the birds seem to get to them before I do. I'm tempted to throw some cheese cloth over them to keep the berries safe... over the plants, not the birds... hahaha!! I've been to Queens... curious why they chose that particular borough of NYC, so I may have to click on your link to the "10 spots in America" for this summer... I lived in Brooklyn for 1 1/2 years and drove through Queens often... there are some pretty sections but unless you want to visit the old World's Fair area (1964); go to a major league baseball game at what used to be called Yankee Stadium or watch the US Open (Tennis) in person, I can't imagine spending good money to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.