Joyce has faithfully been creating the Wednesday Hodgepodge questions for several years, in fact today marks the 180th volume. Quite an achievement!
As in huge and life changing. The day we became born again.
As in changing my mind about something. Deciding to leave a group that met once a week, it was simply to much.
As in literally. Turning the van around and driving the opposite direction.
2. It's Independence Week in the US of A! What's your favorite thing about America right this very minute? Favorites only! Let's hear what you love about America.
I love the mountains, the deserts, and all the other beautiful places it offers.
3. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Watermelon, homemade vanilla ice cream, or blueberry pie?
Stars. Blue. Watermelon.
4. When did you last see stars, figuratively speaking?
It's been a little while since I last bonked my head hard enough to see stars. I had bent down to pick something up and when I wanted to stand up my head met the big mirror on our F-350. I thought I was going to be sick right there in the parking lot.
5. 'Clear as a bell', 'with bells on', 'lots of bells and whistles', 'saved by the bell'...which phrase 'rings' truest for you lately? Have you ever seen The Liberty Bell?
I wish I could say clear as a bell, but unfortunately things haven't been looking the clearest lately.
I have never seen the Liberty Bell, but would love to someday.
6. Are you caught up in World Cup fever? Have you watched a lot or a little or none at all?
I have not watched a single second of the World Cup. Soccer has never interested me.
7. Bid farewell to June in 10 words or less.
I wish you could have stayed longer. (July too warm!)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is day seven of not using my voice. It's a challenge, but worth it since I can already feel a difference in the size of the thing in my throat. I'm hoping by the end of the 4-6 week period it will be gone.