The last time I sent a postcard was seven years ago when we were visiting New Mexico and I sent one to both of my little brothers. I can't remember the last time I received one. My Grandma Mast used to send each of her grandchildren a postcard when ever they visited the health mines in Boulder Montana. Grandma had trouble with arthritis and would come home feeling good. Not sure how long that feeling lasted since they went every summer.
I do save postcards I receive, but I don't collect them when I travel and have stopped sending them as well.
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
Eating at restaurants. Nothing says vacation to me as much as enjoying several meals a day without having to worry about cooking or cleanup.
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
LV would say I'm not good at hiding my feelings at all, but I think that's because he knows me so well. I like to think I'm not that transparent to other people.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
We still receive telephone books, but we never use them. Internet searches are the route we take in our home when we need a business phone number.
The only good thing about telephone books is that Buddy loves tearing the pages out and stays happily entertained like that for long periods of time. He seems to get all his destructive energy out on those and all other books he treats nicely.
5. Would you rather be first or last?
If it's something that makes me feel competitive I like being first. Anything else I don't like being first or last, but would rather be somewhere in the middle.
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
The last time I was at a park was two years ago when we visited New Germany State Park. I simply sat on a bench under a shade tree while the rest enjoyed swimming in the lake.
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
How far back can I go? I can think of several bad ideas, but they shall remain a secret. If it's okay to take one from my childhood I once tried to make a special frosting for my Mom's birthday cake and ended up with a horrible orange-ish brown, brittle lemon flavored mess.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Rosebud is fascinated with this castle in Kentucky. She took this picture after reading the sign that proclaimed it to be a place for weddings. Thankfully she is much too young to be making wedding plans.