1. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? The NFL is back in action along with all the college teams. Are you a fan? Who do you root for? If you're not a fan what do you do while the rest of America watches Saturday, Sunday, Monday night, and now Thursday night games?
I'm not a huge fan of football but I do root for the Steelers. There are so many things I enjoy a whole lot more than football. Playing with my children, reading a book, catching up on emails, and I of-course can't forget Pinterest.
LV loves football so sometimes when I help him watch for a few minutes I enjoy asking intelligent questions such as, "How can they keep the grass on the fields so nice?" "Why do they call it football? Is it because the ball is secretly stuffed with feet?" "Why do they keep slapping each other like that when they're happy with a play?" "How do the refs decide when to give a penalty for excessive celebration after a touchdown?"
Okay the last question really does bug me. Some teams get away with a lot more than others.
I think my favorite thing about football is this little bit that I like to watch every fall when football season starts.
2. What's something I'll always find in your closet?
Other than clothes I keep a box filled with the letters LV and I exchanged before we were married.
3. Share one of your earliest memories.
I think I shared some of my earliest memories already but in case you missed it. I remember sitting on Mom's lap at a dinner table when I was only a baby when we were visiting one of her friends. A fawn came and ate a noodle from her plate and I was absolutely terrified.
4. What circus act best describes your week so far?
I'm not really sure. Some type of a balancing act I suppose. So far this week we have all been sick and today is the first day I'm feeling a little better.
5. What's a food you disliked as a child but you love now?
Olives. I used to think they are one of the most awful things anyone could try eating and now I really like them.
6. Describe your summer in three words.
Sorrow, busy, warm.
7. Where were you on September 11, 2001? Will you do anything special to mark the day this year?
I was on my way to the hospital with pregnancy related complications when we saw the smoke from Flight 93 crashing.
We didn't do anything special to mark the day other than remember and pray. On a brighter note I became the aunt to a sweet little nephew yesterday. I won't have any problems remembering his birthday and there will now be something much nicer for us to think of when we hear that date.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Of all the gladiolus I had planted only a few have bloomed and they have all been in the orange family of colors. The way the leaves look I think there was some kind of bug bothering them.
Hopefully next year I'll have better luck growing them, both in keeping them alive and healthy and hopefully colors other than orange.