Monday, May 16, 2022

My Parents

    We are knocking on the one year anniversary of when our family changed forever.
    As most of you know, I have many fond memories of growing up Amish.
    There's one thing though that I wish I could change about it all, and that is photos.
    I would love to have stacks of photos to see, instead of only the slightly out of focus images in my head. Somehow, I can't bring them to full clarity in my mind. Even as I relive memories, time has fogged up the faces and I can no longer see them clearly.
    I am thankful for the few photos I do have.
    The best one I have of my parents from three years ago, taken on the morning of my "baby" brother's wedding.


    With Mom no longer here with us, I cherish this picture, even if I can't see her face.
    

4 comments:

  1. What a treasure to have that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful and profoundly meaningful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have that photo. My Mom didn't like to have her photo taken and I now wish we had more of her. She's been gone 33 years and I miss her so. I was 29 when she died and it was way too early. I missed having her advice while raising our children.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.