Friday, July 9, 2021

Laughter

    There seems to be so much in life lately that simply is not funny. 

    First ...  my Mom was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and given only 8 - 12 weeks to live, and it is becoming quite obvious that they knew what they were talking about. I'm not ready to say good-bye yet, There is so much I still want to talk about with her. Time I want to spend at their house. I want her to meet her great-grandson, and the list goes on.

    Second ... we've been dealing with a poisonous spider bite on Steven's leg. The doctor prescribed several medications for it, and it is looking a lot better, but for a while there it was quite a sight, even while following doctor's orders.. Growing from the initial inflamed bite, to wrapping entirely around his leg and reaching from his ankle to an inch below his knee.

    But last night ... last night laughter rang through the house when LV was in hot pursuit of a pesky housefly. I was in the kitchen preparing a pizza. I had the toppings arranged nicely and was just ready to pop it in the oven when the fly came to check it out. LV tried to grab it with his hand. He missed the fly and sent the pizza toppings flying across the kitchen. Both our mouths dropped open, and then we dissolved in gales of laughter.

    I redid the pizza, and we ended up with little later, but still delicious supper. The slight delay was worth it though. It felt good to laugh again.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Mary Ann, life can be so hard sometimes can't it? I'm so sorry to hear that things are not progressing the way you would like with your Mom.
    Also with the spider bite scare. Those things can definitely be nasty.
    I'm glad you had a good laugh. It can work wonders. God certainly knew what He was doing when he designed the gift of laughter.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you are going through this sorrow with your Mom. We had a brain tumor in our family as well. God was faithful to our loved one and to us, though it was very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your pain and I completely understand the release of laughter. Last year, my brother-in-law was diagnosed with brain cancer and passed three months later. This year, my mother was diagnosed with leukemia in February and she passed on June 20. And covid in between the two? It's so much, that when you have the rare chance to laugh and escape, you take it. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your family! May God comfort all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you are having to say goodbye to your mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for your Mother nd Steven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about your Mother, and hope Steven recovers from the bite fully soon. Glad you and LV were able to find something to laugh at in the midst of everything, and you still got pizza (even if later than planned).

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good laugh like that is worth a later supper. I recall when my Mom was dying, sometimes a good laugh just put everything into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your mother and about Stephen. You have my prayers for both, but I am so glad the Lord has given you a good laugh and a precious family that encourages you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry about your mom. I will be praying for her and your whole family.
    Wow! That had to be frightening for you dealing with the spider bite. Glad to read that its getting better.
    Isn't it so much better to laugh at those accidental things that happen than get all up in arms about it. Glad you can laugh at it all too. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very sorry about your mom. I know this pain all too well, and I send you massive HUGS and prayers that God gives you strength to endure. poor Stephen!! prayers for him, too. goodness but you need a laugh. your family is your strength. they are amazing and so loving. take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.