It's been a while since I've done one of these, so here we go. Thirty five random things about me.
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes, I don't use it every time I eat a salad, but I do enjoy it several times a month.
2. Have you ever smoked? No.
3. Do you own a gun? I don't like guns.
4. What flavor Kool-Aid? Pink lemonade or orange, though it's been years since I've had any.
5. Do you get nervous before a Dr Appointment? Not so much nervous as just eager to have it over.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Once in a while having a hot dog is great, but I would get tired of having them if they were a regular at our house.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Hallmark) Though there are quite an assortment I really enjoy.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water. Fresh, sweet, and cold ... straight from the kitchen faucet. Well, before you get the image of me contorting myself in order to drink from the faucet, I do fill a glass with water and drink it like a proper lady.
9. Can you do a push up? I'll leave push up to the pros.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? A necklace LV got me for Christmas one year.
11. Do you have a favorite hobby? Writing ... perhaps ... or reading ... or sewing ... crafts ... baking ... cooking ... hand lettering ... art ... I can't pick one as my favorite since I really enjoy most everything, but would get tired of all of them if I had to focus on only it.
12. Do you have A.D.H.D? I didn't think so, but given my answer to the previous question it could appear that I do.
13. Do you wear glasses? I don't. I used to have to wear reading glasses in 4th and 5th grade due to my Grandmother's insistence my gall bladder attacks would go away if I wore them. They never made a lick of difference in my sight, or gall attacks, but they sure made life miserable at school. I heartily despised having to wear them.
14. Who was your childhood idol? No one ... I thought my Grandpa was pretty great though.
15. Name 3 thoughts at this moment? Plans for the weekend. (We're having friends over) Things I need to do before the weekend. (Some cleaning, create a menu, and make an Amish amount of dessert.) And what's with all the traffic this early in the morning?
16.Name three drinks you drink regularly. Water, water, and tea.
17. Current worries? I'm getting better at not worrying about things. I have learned I have much more control over my thoughts than I used to think possible. I might not be able to keep a thought from popping into my head, but I get to choose whether or not to think about it.
18. Current hate? Not hate ... but I dislike the cats that plague the bird feeder. I've chased them away so often that the slightest rattle of the doorknob makes them run now and I'm seeing them there less and less.
19. Favorite place to be? Home sweet home
20. How did you bring in the new year? By sleeping. Sweet, sweet sleep. I couldn't imagine any way better to start a new year than to be well rested and ready to go.
21. Where would you like to go right now? I love where I am right now, but if a free vacation were to fall into my lap I'd love to go to Asheville, NC.
22. Do you own slippers? No, I don't. Every morning when my feet are cold I think a nice pair of slippers would be lovely, but somehow I never get around to actually buying a pair.
23. What color shirt are you in? I'm wearing a cream colored dress with blue flowers sprinkled on it in a random pattern-less pattern.
24. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No. We had a set once upon a time, years ago. Slippery, cold, and uncomfortable it proved to be!
25. Can you whistle? Yes, I can.
26. Where are you now? In our school room. I got the school assignments ready for the day, LV has left for work, and I have a few minutes at the computer before the children start waking up.
27. Would you be a pirate? I would not.
28. What song do you sing in the shower? Usually, nothing.
29. Favorite sports team? Any team from Pittsburgh. I'd be perfectly fine never watching sports again, but ... I'll cheer on what ever team LV likes.
30. Favorite food? I love a wide variety of food, but will always happily partake of Mexican or Italian food.
31. What's in your pocket? Sadly, I'm pocket-less.
32. The last thing that made you laugh? A conversation the girls had last evening.
33. What's your favorite animal? I really loved the dogs we have had, but when thinking of all the animals out there ... elephants. I don't want a hippopotamus for Christmas, but a baby elephant for my birthday ... that would be a dream come true.
34. Worst injury? A broken ankle was my worst injury, but not the worst thing that has kept me immobile for a while.
35. How many TV's in your house? Only one, and there are times when I think that's too much.