Wednesday, February 6, 2019
1. Today, Wednesday, February 6th, is Frozen Yogurt Day! A cold dessert on what must be a very cold day for most of you reading this today! Do you enjoy frozen yogurt? Does it matter what the weather is? Share with us your favorite flavor and/or topping, please!!
I've had frozen yogurt a few times, but it certainly doesn't make it to the top of the list when it comes to frozen treats I enjoy.
As long as I'm feeling warm, it doesn't matter what the weather is doing, I can still enjoy ice cream. Maybe that's because growing up, winter was the time for ice cream. We always got excited when it snowed, because it Mom would cook up the base for the ice cream while we went outside to fill up several five-gallon pails with snow. After filling the canister of ice cream freezer with the pudding we would take turns cranking the freezer, until it was frozen. Such a delightful treat!
My favorite flavor is still vanilla, a chocolate fudge topping is delightful though.
2. What food do you know you shouldn't eat but can't help yourself?
I can't think of anything at the moment. I guess it wouldn't hurt to cut out desserts completely, but with only a few bites a day I'm not feeling guilty about it.
3. If your life was a meal, what kind of meal would it be?
If my life were a meal it would be an overflowing buffet. Such a wide variety of things. Most of it good, some great, and the occasional bad thing you wish you could have avoided.
4. Do you like spicy food? Why or why not? What is the spiciest food you have ever eaten?
I like spices as far as flavors, but when it comes to heat I prefer to keep it on the milder side so that I can still taste my food.
The spiciest/hottest food I've ever eaten was when I was a teenager and some friends from the deep south came to visit and insisted on cooking a meal for us. The added a handful of jalapenos and some other peppers, seeds and all into their pot of chili. We tried our best to eat it, but our entire family was reduced to a coughing, gasping mess.
5. What food do you eat or crave when you have a bad cold?
I usually don't crave any kind of food when I'm having a bad cold, but force myself to have some broth or chicken noodle soup.
6. Please tell us something random about your week (and maybe it will involve food).
I've heard of Meyer lemons quite a bit already, but this week was the first time we have ever tried them. Love them! The ones we got provided almost double the amount of juice as regular lemons do.