Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond
 
1. I feel most energized when I _______________________.

I love the energy, anticipation, and enthusiasm I feel when I wake up well rested on a Monday morning with an entire week of possibilities waiting ahead of me.

2. Where were you ten years ago?

Ten years ago we were living in Missouri. I was a fairly new homeschool Mom still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. At the time I thought it was going as well as could be expected, but I so wish now that I could go back and do those first few years over again. I was not yet introduced to the world of blogging, and would have been speechless and excited if someone told me that I would be a published author of a series of four books within the next ten years.

3. July 17th is World Emoji Day. Do you use emojis? Which one's your favorite? Your most used?

I very seldom use emojis. Some form of the smiley face would be my most used one. I can't say that I have a favorite.

4. What song would you put on a wedding DO NOT PLAY list?

A bunch of silly little children's songs come to mind as some that I would not want played at a wedding.

5. What deserves less of your attention? More of your attention?

Social media deserves less of my attention. More of my attention? ... I'll go with family. Can never have too much attention there, can we?

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Lately I've been looking at different planners. So many fun options out there, but none of them offer exactly what I'm looking for. Do you have a favorite planner you would recommend?

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a published author.
    Yes, the blogging world opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

    https://apudiem.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a planner from Our Daily Bread that I enjoy. It offers week at a glance which is my favorite and there are devotional thoughts at the beginning of each month. It's spiral bound, not too big and not too small, which works for me. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to say that my granddaughter has two of your books on her bookshelves. What a great accomplishment for you along with doing what seems to be an amazing job as a home-schooling mom. I will miss reading your Hodgepodge answers each week and your always positive contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently using a Recollections planner that I got on sale at Michaels. I like that the cover is hard and I can stand it up in a cookbook stand. I am eyeing a Erin Condren for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading these posts. I always learn a little more about you from them. Congratulations on being published. Such an exciting accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a dedicated user of the Franklin-Covey planning system for years. Then after a move, when my life became less complicated, I experimented with getting planners that show a week at a time, instead of each day getting a 2-page spread. I toy with bullet journaling, but only as it fits into a spiral, year-long planner. I quite like the planner I now have from DaySpring, as there are cover pages for each month that have a design I can use for inspiration or lists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good sleep will leave me energized as well, come over see my answers at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.