Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. Summer is upon us this week in the Northern hemisphere. Tell us three things on your summer bucket list.

Three things on my summer bucket list are:

Visit Coopers Rock, WV
Spend more time outdoors, hiking.
Schedule and prepare as much of our upcoming school year as possible.

We have checked Coopers Rock off our list already. It was breathtakingly beautiful, but the sheer height made me dizzy even though I was completely safe.

The hiking part will have to wait to be checked off until fall, because I want to get as much of that done as possible.

I'm really enjoying the last part, even though it is labor intensive. It is so nice to be able to see at a glance exactly what I will need for a week of school. The library books I'll have to get, the craft supplies I'll need, and the things to do science experiments. Plus as usual all the extras I add to the curriculum in order to dig deeper.

2. Something fun you used to do as a kid in the summertime?

Summertime was busy with all the gardening and food preserving we did, but there was always some time for fun. We used to love riding down our long hill on our wagon. Summer wagon riding was more fun than sledding in winter.

3. Rooftop or backyard? Why?

Definitely backyard.

Heights make me really dizzy, no matter how safe they are.

4. Do you read food labels? Place importance on them? Make an effort to find out/care about where your food comes from?

I read some food labels, and depending what I'm looking to avoid I place quite a bit of importance on them. 

5. A song you'll have on repeat this summer?


I don't know. Usually I wake up with a song playing in my mind. It lasts all day, no matter what else I listen to. I will catch myself humming, whistling, and singing it throughout the entire day. Thankfully each day has its own song.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Since I mentioned our recent visit to Coopers Rock I thought I'd share a picture even though it doesn't begin to do it justice.


14 comments:

  1. I usually wake up with a song in my head, too. Since the grandbabies came along it is often something along the lines of Skid a Ma Rink a Dink a Dink. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answer about the new song every morning. That's a great way to wake up. The picture of your recent trip is breathtaking. What a view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Coopers Rock! I go up every year for a conference and it is the most spectacular place on Earth!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely view at Cooper's Rock, but I'm like you, heights make me dizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooper's Rock looks beautiful! Hope you have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never been but it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a breathtaking view! West Virginia is such a beautiful state and we have just returned from there (train ride) ourselves. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous view. And I love that you wake up with a new song each day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should read labels more then I do. The only thing I look for is sodium. Blood pressure trouble.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I miss doing things like riding a wagon down a hill! And thanks for the beautiful view. My husband likes heights and would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that picture of Coopers Rock is beautiful! What a nice climb.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cooper's Rock does look lovely - and scary. When I was a child my parents took a road trip every summer. We took a big cooler and a camp stove and ate all of our meals at roadside stops. I honestly can't tell you where we went, but we always had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A new song every morning! What a beautiful way to wake up. Summer sounds more busy than fun to me. Cooper rock looks loverly..

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lovely view but I can imagine it would be scary if heights are a problem for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.