I'm much better at accepting compliments than I used to be..
A recent compliment I received was from Steven, telling me that I'm a great cook. I love how at six, he is already great at dishing out compliments.
2. Ten little things you are loving right now.
- My favorite pen ... the way it feels in my hand, the color of the ink, and the ease that it travels across the page as I write.
- My notebooks/idea books/planners.
- My pretty Pioneer Woman water bottle that a dear friend gave to me for Christmas.
- Our house plants that I somehow managed to keep thriving so far.
- Goodnight hugs from the children.
- My waffle iron. It was something I wanted for a long time, and finally, 11+ years after leaving the Amish I have one.
- Story time with Steven, whether I'm reading to him or he's reading to me, either way, love it!
- Pretty teacups. There aren't a lot of teas I truly enjoy, but any tea is made better when served in a pretty cup.
- Seeing your children achieve goals, watching them reach milestone moments, and witnessing their dreams come true.
- Lists, all kinds of lists. This one could have been much longer, but since Joyce asked for ten things, I'll stop here.
3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Do you see yourself that way?
I hope people would describe me as a positive person. Yes, I see myself that way.
I read here a list/description of eight things positive people do differently.
Positive people find something to look forward to every day, they celebrate the small stuff, they're kind, they stay busy, accept responsibility for their actions, forgive themselves, know when to move on, and resist comparisons
Which action on the list would you say you do regularly? Which action could you add to your life to give you a more positive outlook? If you're a positive person, what's something you do regularly that's not on the list?
I'm good at most of those things. An area where I could improve on is forgiving myself. It can be hard at times when you wish with everything in you that you could turn back time and do something totally different.
Something I do regularly that's not on the list. Express gratitude to God, and to others. I like to write things down that I'm grateful for.
I think there's a whole lot of truth in the saying, Happiness is 10% circumstance and 90% attitude.
4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili...what's your pleasure on a cold winter's day?
The homemade chicken soup would be my soup of choice. I make Chicken ~n~ Dumpling soup regularly. It's a family favorite.
5. The best part of my day is....
This is hard!
I love getting up in the morning and starting my day in a quiet house.
I also love when the rest of the family gets up to join me for breakfast an hour later.
I love sitting down with the children and do our schoolwork.
I love when we get done with school for the day and we get to focus on other things.
I love when it's time to cook up a meal, and when everyone sits at the table to partake of the things I cooked.
I love the time after dinner when we relax and enjoy family time before bed.
At night I'm always so glad to have a comfortable bed to get into and fall asleep.
Really, my days are filled with best parts. I'd be sad to miss out on any of them.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I mentioned my waffle iron as one of the ten things I'm loving right now. Updating my kitchen with non-Amish things has been a long drawn out affair. In fact I'm not nearly done yet. So my question to you is, What kitchen tool, gadget, or small appliance is your favorite? What should I put on my list to get next?