Wednesday, January 10, 2018
I've never had an official mentor, but there have been people in my life that have helped me in a mentoring type of way.
I've never claimed the title of being a mentor either, though I have shared, encouraged, and helped many people who have come to me for advice and help.
2. What current trend makes no sense to you?
Man buns is the first trend that pops in my mind when it comes to being something that doesn't make any sense to me. I can't tell how often I envisioned the satisfying snip, snip of a pair of scissors when I see a man bun.
3. I saw a cartoon on facebook highlighting a few 'weird' things that make you happy as an adult. The list included-writing with a nice pen, having plans cancelled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. (Credit for the cartoon goes here) Of the 'weird' things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more 'weird' thing you'd add to the list?
Of the things on the list, a nice pen makes me the happiest.
I've never understood why anyone would prefer the corner brownie. Cleaning the dryer lint screen always makes me more sad than happy, as I try not to think how much the things wore out while drying.
Something not on the list that makes me happy is kneading bread dough. Somehow it's relaxing and satisfying to me.
4. What's the last good thing you ate?
The last good thing I ate was a twice baked loaded potato casserole that the girls prepared for lunch today.
5. Describe life in your 20's in one sentence.
I don't see how I can possibly describe my twenties in only one sentence since there were SO many changes and events and life lived.
Marriage, babies, faith, and more all contributed to a lot of growth during my twenties.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The reason the girls were the ones making lunch today was because I was at the dentist again. I had broken a tooth last week and today was my second appointment which unfortunately was still not my last.