Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond
 
1. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.

In some cases, yes. Pictures can at times capture what is difficult to describe with words. I really love words though and I'm glad I don't have to rely on pictures to communicate.

2. Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway? If so what was your favorite stop? If not, is this sort of trip on your bucket list?

I have not, but would love to someday. It's on my travel bucket list.

3. How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? Which season-season transition bothers you most? Why do you suppose that is?

Changing into fall always invigorates me and gives me a certain wanderlust, a stirring deep inside that I can't quite explain and never really know what to do with it until it passes.

I find myself doing a mix of looking forward and backward.

The season transition that bothers me the most is when spring turns into summer. I don't do well with heat ever since a scary overheating episode I had as a teenager.

4. It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having? Do you ever lie about your age?

Having blue crab stuffed ravioli at a local seafood place has become a birthday tradition for me. I'm already looking forward to the next time I get to enjoy it.

I don't lie about my age, I don't make it a point to volunteer that information, but I don't try to hide it either. I didn't enjoy my 30th birthday, but since then I rejoice with every birthday I get to celebrate.

5. What's a life lesson you've learned recently?

I wish I could share something great and grand, but there's nothing that I can think of at the moment. Life has been relatively calm recently, and I've been enjoying that a lot.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

I really, really dislike shopping for shoes which is probably why it has been years since the last time I subjected myself to this particular form of torture, but with my shoes coming apart at the seams and giving people glimpses of my sock clad toes with every step I took I knew the time had come that I needed to buy a new pair.

My first attempt was to buy them online, but when they arrived they were too small and became the property of one of my daughters instead.

Last evening LV and I headed out to go shoe shopping, me to find shoes I can live with and him to lend moral support.

The options felt overwhelming, all I wanted to do was curl up in a whimpering ball behind the shelves. Buying shoes had been so easy when we were Amish ... all I had to do then was walk into the Amish shoe store, state my size, and choose between two styles, Sunday or everyday.

I somehow managed to focus on the task at hand, and walked out of the store, the unwilling owner of a new pair of shoes, relieved at the thought that it will be years before I go shoe shopping again.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a lover of shoe shopping either and stick to the same store usually - they have half sizes which many shops don't and that works for me. I hope yours are comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me shopping for glasses and prescription sunglasses is way worse then shoe shopping, especially when you have a six year old daughter who needs glasses and sunglasses too:-) We left the man helping us at the eye place in Walmart in a whimpering ball. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I need new glasses, I give the shop my old ones and have them coat the lenses for sunglasses.

      Delete
  3. I feel that way about shopping for a new pair of jeans. I feel the same way about fall and I , too, am not fond of too much heat. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel this way about shopping for clothes in general, now if it is something for my home I am ready to go. Thank you for sharing. Enjoyed reading your responses.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet for your LV to go along on what I'm sure he knows is an unpleasant excursion for you. Glad you found something that pleased you enough to leave the store with them. I do a pool workout, so I feel the same way about shopping for swimsuits. Just about my least favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoes stores and I are not BFF. They don't seem to have shoes for little old ladies. I order mine from a place called "Compliments"; they have nice styles and very good prices.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.