Wednesday, February 22, 2017
I have been fishing. My earliest memories of fishing I was but a toddler. My parents would pack up a picnic basket and go to a local dam where we would meet up with my Aunt Mattie, and her husband. I had my own little fishing pole, and I loved reeling in the line. I don't recall ever catching anything with it, but I really enjoyed those evenings.
When we moved the next year we started going fishing at Grandpa's big pond. We'd all get into his rowboat where we'd eat our packed meal while we fished. That only lasted a few years until we moved again and then I didn't get to fish until after we got married. Life has become busier and it's been years since I have been fishing. I think I'd still enjoy it though.
Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
Fish out of water. Being surrounded by people that I have basically nothing in common with tends to make me feel like a fish out of water.
2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
A pen. I don't have a kitchen junk/catch all drawer, but I dig for pens every day. In my purse, at the desk, in my stand I keep next to my writing spot. I have plenty of pens, but somehow I still have to fish for them.
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
Finding Nemo .... it's all that came to mind though I would be fine never watching it again. I haven't seen many fish related movies, though as a second thought, does Andy Griffith count?
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
Sunrise ... I suppose. I love getting up in the morning with an entire day ahead of me filled with hopeful possibilities.
5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
Stockings. They're all that remain of my Amish days. They were the ones I wore on my wedding day almost eighteen years ago and then on Sunday's after that. I still wear them to go to church. Not that anyone ever gets to see them though. They're beginning to show their age and will probably need to be replaced before too long.
6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
I would love a getaway. Not to get away from winter though. The best part of winter so far has been the snow we had. The worst part is all the warm days, mud, and general yuck.
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?
I will not be celebrating. Alcoholic beverages aren't for me. Not a Jimmy Buffet fan either and as such I don't have a favorite tune from him.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We were asked to share our family picture for a project LV's brother is doing. We realized it has been years since there has been a picture that included our entire family. On Saturday a friend was here and she was kind enough to take a few for us.
Here we are.