Wednesday, November 30, 2016
How about I do two instead of three?
Blessed beyond measure,
With memories to treasure.
2. When did you last say, 'the more the merrier'? Did you mean it?
I know I've said that a lot. I try not to say something I don't mean.
3. What's one piece of advice you'd give someone who is your same age?
Keep your focus on Jesus and keep your priorities straight.
4. You're ordering a veggie plate, what four veggies are on it?
Cooked or raw?
I love roasted brussel sprouts, steamed broccoli, fried cauliflower, and corn on the cob.
5. Shop till you drop! Did you? Have you ever? Will you between now and Christmas?
I have never shopped until I dropped, and don't have plans to ever do so. Other than buying groceries I won't be do any shopping between now and Christmas.
6. What's your favorite chair in your house, and why is it a favorite?
My favorite chair is an ancient rocking recliner that I'm guessing is very likely older than I am. It's a mustard yellow, the arms are completely worn through and the cording around the seat cushion is hanging loose. All that is hidden though under a big purple cover ... a piece of knit fabric that was just the right size to cover the entire chair.
It's my favorite because it's so very comfy.
7. Share an early memory of faith, religion, or spirituality.
Some of my earliest memories include my brother and me standing in front of Mom and watching her mouth carefully as she taught us to sing one of the German church songs.
Every evening before we would go to bed the whole family would sing. When we were little it was a bedtime prayer song, but as we grew older it branched out to include other hymns that we would take turns choosing.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm sitting here nursing a very painful knee. This morning on the way downstairs something popped and it locked up. I had to back down the rest of the way because it hurt to much to bend. I'm hoping it will feel better soon, because as it turns out knees are quite important.