Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What are two or three expectations you have of yourself?
  • To do my best at meeting the goals I have set for myself.
  • To be the best wife and mother I can be.
  • And after listening to Otto Koning speak on the Weapons of Warfare (spiritually) to use and apply them correctly in my life.

2. In what way does your outdoor space need sprucing up this spring?

There is a section of picket fence that had been looking quite sad so we took it away last fall. We're wanting to get it replaced before long, and then hopefully plant some flowers in front of it.

3. According to this site (Roadtrippers), six of North America's most wondrous waterfalls are-Webster's Falls in Ontario, Upper Whitewater Falls in North Carolina, Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, Multnomah Falls in Oregon, The Lower Yellowstone Falls, and Niagara.  Have you seen any on the list? Which one on the list would you most like to visit? Prettiest waterfall not on the list that you've seen in person?

We've seen Niagara Falls multiple times already. I would like to see all the other falls as well. The prettiest falls I've seen in person that isn't on the list. That's hard. It could be a number of different ones, most of which I have no name for. I've always liked the one in Watkins Glen State Park. It's been a while since I saw it last, so maybe my childhood eyes thought it was greater than it is.

I suppose my favorite waterfall would have to be the one I see when ever I look out the window.



4. Looking back, what's something you wish you'd done as a teenager?

I don't have regrets involving stupid things I did as a teenager. Thankfully the setting and community I grew up in protected me from a lot of that, and I'm grateful.

There are a few things I wish I would have gotten to experience as a teen, one of them is being able to go out with LV, maybe get to eat at a restaurant or see a movie, or something. I was blissfully content at the time for the most part, though I always thought two weeks between dates was a long time!

5. Ham...yes please or no thank you? If you said yes please which of the following do you like best-baked ham with all the trimmings, a ham and cheese sandwich, prosciutto with melon, a ham biscuit, a bowl of split pea and ham soup, or a slice of pizza topped with ham and pineapple?

Yes, please! I like ham in all of the ways mentioned, but my favorite would have to be a baked ham with all the trimmings.

6. Are you typical of your generation? How so?

Not really. Somehow I don't feel like elaborating. Sorry.

7. April rolls in at the end of the week, and in keeping with that theme...'act the fool', 'nobody's fool' 'a fool's errand', 'could have fooled me'...which foolish idiom most recently applies to you?

Probably fools errand. Last night we were supposed to pick up a new stove and when we got there they said it was damaged and we couldn't get it after all. We ended up getting a different one, because you can't really cook and bake without a stove.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I'm here shivering in my fluffy housecoat. We went from lovely spring like weather complete with blooming daffodils and pretty blue skies, to a snappy 20ยบ this morning. As much as I don't want to, a fire in the furnace seems to be necessary.

12 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to have a view like that...just beautiful! Sorry about the 20 degree temps. you're having now. We got up to the mid-70's yesterday, but bad storms are due here tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To see a waterfall every day? What a blessing! We are getting ready for bad storms again today, but the temperatures have been in the 70's. Stay warm. I would definitely have a fire. We didn't have a single one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very jealous of your view! And don't apologise for not elaborating, you should always feel comfortable with what you post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Watkins Glens falls, absolutely beautiful!!

    Farin
    http://farinvazquez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, how awesome that to see that waterfall everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to see that view from your window every day. I've been to Multnomah Falls many, many times and Lower Yellowstone Falls and Havasu Falls. I would love to visit Niagara sometime.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous waterfall.. it cold on us here too, not quite that snappy, but cold enough. Enjoyed your hodgepodge! ~Lori~

    Lori @ As the Fates Would Have It
    Follow Me (Ravyne) Twitter|Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I hope the chilly weather is short-lived and you quickly get back to the warmer spring weather.
    What a lovely view out your window!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely view you have...so serene. I hope the cold snap is short-lived. We have rain today which I think is needed to wash away some of the cazy pollen. Have a happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree - to see that waterfall every day would be wonderful. I'd have to pass on the ham - don't eat meat at all. We had beautiful weather week before last, and then it snowed on Palm Sunday. Temps are back where they should be for late March and early April. Somebody once said Spring is God's way of reminding us we're not in charge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neato! You have a waterfall in view from your window!! Happy belated hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.