Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?

I am not watching American Idol. Have never watched it. I would never willingly audition, but if made to I would probably panic and squeak out a jumble of words from a variety of songs, because I'm pretty sure I couldn't remember the words to any particular song at that moment.

2.  Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first." 

So when did you last have to 'eat a frog'? Or two? How'd that work out? 

Hmmmm..... possibly doing paper work. It's not something I really enjoy doing, so the sooner I get it done, the sooner I can get on with my life doing things that don't irritate me as much.

3. If you were going on safari, what is the number one animal you'd want to see?

A giraffe.

4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?

I don't really care for most granola bars, but chewy is certainly better than crunchy.

I do not like regular granola at all. It reminds me of something you should feed to a cow.

5. If only___________________________.

There were more hours in a day, or there was a way I could live without having to sleep. Sleeping feels like such a waste of time to me, life is so short, why sleep away almost a third of it?

6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.

One of those Victorian style benches at the foot of the bed.
 
7. What is one thing you've enjoyed about winter thus far? If it's not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you've enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be?

We haven't had much of a winter so far. A little skiff of snow once in a while, but mostly freezing rain and ice which I don't care for at all.
 
8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Last night my poor desk chair died, if that's what chairs do. LV had some things to do at the computer while I was finishing up supper.  Hearing a horrible sound I hurried to see what happened only to find him sitting on the floor with the funniest expression on his face and the chair in pieces around him.

8 comments:

  1. I have a pile of paperwork staring me down right now : ) I will get to it after coffee. I'm not excited about it, but it needs doing. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a giraffe person, just love them. Sorry about your chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the chair...hope you asked him if he was ok before you laughed. Like your answer to #5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at how many of us chose giraffes. Aren't they just the cutest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow another giraffe fan! They certainly are cute! I've only seen them at the zoo! When i was little I always wanted to see them first!
    I agree with you about idol, i loved it for several seasons but it's not the same without the original 3 judges. It's a disappointing show to watch when your favorite gets booted.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that was some surprise, wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope LV is okay!

    And I completely agree about #5. It's hard to sleep when there's still so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops! New chair coming right up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.