Wednesday, September 10, 2014
We won't be doing anything special on Thursday, except maybe say a few extra prayers.
2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
We don't have a radio in the house, but will occasionally listen when we travel. We don't have a VCR or any videotapes. We just got a new phone book in the mail yesterday, but since Buddy grew out of his phase of ripping pages out of phone books I really don't know what I will be doing with it, since we never use it to look up phone numbers. We do still use a paper map when traveling, though a GPS also lends its advice occasionally. We don't trust the thing 100% though and won't go traveling without a road atlas. I don't have a cell phone and still use an alarm clock. It let me down a few days ago, but with a set of new batteries it's back to its regular obnoxiously loud morning wake up songs.
3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
Most of the time, no. I try to steer away from those two topics even when around people I do know.
4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month?
Can't think of any. I do still want to make a Baked Alaska and a Croquembouche sometime this year, more so for the challenge of completing it successfully, than actually eating it.
5. What's something you know nothing about?
Flying an airplane. Performing surgery. Training a lion. A whole host of other things that I really don't mind that I know nothing about.
6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece?
Yawn, no thanks. I prefer to not to be hopelessly bored or sleepy when listening to music.
7. What's the oldest thing you own?
Probably a clock that used to belong to LV's grandparents. It's big, and when moving into our house we tried to find a spot for it, but where ever we tried it simply didn't work. The poor thing has been tucked into the attic until we find a place for it that actually works.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's foggy and cold outside. The perfect day to begin our fall and winter sewing and crafts. Up first make a pretty apron.