The oil lamp flickered ever so slightly as it stood on the end table next to the couch where LV and I were sitting.
"My parents have decided to move." he was telling me. "They would like to move the Monday after spring communion which will make that the date we had picked out for our wedding won't work so we'll have to figure something else out."
Getting the calendar we checked when a good time would be since my parents had said I need to be twenty before I got married. LV would be getting the home place from his parents when they moved and knew that spring was going to be very busy and it would be hard to schedule a wedding between field work. That we might have to wait until fall and he would have to try his hand at being a bachelor for a while. Or if my parents agreed we could move up the wedding date to before I turned twenty.
The rest of the evening passed swiftly as we talked about what it would mean to us either way. The thought of waiting until fall wasn't something we liked but if we had to we would.
The next morning I told Mom and Daddy about the new turn of events and was so happy when they agreed that we could get married sooner than we had planned. I wished I could tell LV right away. Two weeks seemed like an awfully long time to wait to talk about it. Daddy must have sensed how I felt and went out to the barn and hitched Fern to our little top buggy and told me to go tell LV.
Driving up the driveway at LV's home I couldn't help but admire the picturesque farm and to think that before long I would live there! It all seemed to good to be true.
LV saw me coming and came out to see what I wanted. Sitting in the buggy we talked about our wedding plans until we saw his mother peer at us through the window. "I guess it's not Sunday evening." he said as he got out of the buggy. We still have a lot to do and the wedding is so much closer.
Thinking of everything that still needed to be done I waved good-bye to LV and urged Fern into a trot and headed home.