Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Awards

My computer was not being very friendly yesterday, deciding to not let me have Internet connection for most of the day. Because of that I didn't get anything posted. So plans for today are two posts, starting off with one to finally pass on awards that I have received over the past month or so.

First up is the Bear Hug Award, from Jennifer at White Chocolate Acres

I am passing it on to Heather I am officially supposed to pass it on to five other blogs and I'm sure under other circumstances that wouldn't be a problem, but for me I can't think of anyone that needs it more than Heather. And so I'm passing it on to only her.
I read her blog regularly and it never fails to touch my heart.

Next I received the Friendship Award. I am passing it on to Bethrusso , Sandra , Becky , and Dana .
Next up is The Super Comments Award. I really enjoy comments and this one goes to one of my most faithful commenter's.... Bethrusso .

This one has a few strings attached. I am supposed to list seven things you might not know about me and then pass it on to seven people.
  1. I really enjoy singing and once I start a song I have to finish it even if I'm interrupted halfway through. I also only need to hear a song two or three times to be able to sing it. (And it really bugs me to hear someone sing off-key.)
  2. I don't enjoy listening to other people talk about health issues, I feign polite interest but the conversation in my head is keeping me much more entertained than your bout of strep throat.
  3. As shocking as it may sound I do not like ketchup.
  4. I tend to be skeptical about home remedies that helpful people are convinced my family needs to learn. They do provide a source of humor, so they aren't totally wasted.
  5. I can be fairly opinionated, but I am learning to keep my opinions to myself.
  6. I would much rather be indoors than outside, including on vacations. The travelling parts are fun and fine, but hiking and exploring things other than gift shops..... I need to change that because my husband dreams of hiking the Appalachian Trail once the children are big enough. (My feet are crying at the very thought.)
  7. I love houseplants, but if my husband would quit taking care of them they would all surely die.

And now since that is out of the way I am passing it on to:

  1. The Mennobrarian
  2. It's the Dirt
  3. It is NOT Poetry
  4. Bethrusso
  5. Pupylov
  6. Of Mice and Ramen
  7. Somewhere Over the Rainbow




And I've been awarded this one again and am passing it on to:
  1. The Beehive Buzz
  2. A Bite Of Country
  3. Hospitable Pursuits
  4. Bakow Babble

There you have it. I have finally passed them on. Thank-you to all the kind bloggers who presented awards to me.

There are so many blogs I enjoy reading that it was hard to choose who to pass these on to!

8 comments:

  1. Your blog is great so I am not surprised you have been given all of these awards!

    I loved your 7 things. I am highly opinionated too but as I get older I learn to keep my mouth shut. Oh boy I have gotten myself in trouble before! Ha ha

    Thanks for the award - that is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all your awards. I am fairly new to blogging and didn't really know they even existed. I do love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in complete harmony on points 2 and 4 of your list of things about you! Thanks for tagging me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award. :D I am very much an indoor body, too. I enjoy my AC too much. Congratulations an on all the awards. This is a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very sweet!! I'll have to come up with 7 things!! Yours are great! I also am not an outdoor person, The weather has to be JUST RIGHT!! And then I don't like it for long! I'm much better at the indoor looking out is great!! And I won't sing aroud you. I try but not sure if I can always sing on key! I like to sing in my car where no one can hear!! Hehehe
    I'll be thinking and get mine posted in a few days! Thanks again!
    Hugs,Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and thanks!! You're the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the award! Blessings in Christ, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun for you to get so many awards. Congrats!!! Hope your daughter is doing better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.