Saturday, August 24, 2024

Currently

Reading ... this week I took a break from my journey of reading through the Bible, and simply spent time reading various Psalms.

In other books I enjoyed Houses with a Story one afternoon while Steven was fishing. He loves fishing, I love reading. He needs me to provide transportation to his fishing spot, so while he enjoys a few hours fishing I get to enjoy a few hours of reading in the middle of the day. 

Writing ... I've been making progress on a story I really want to read, but I need to get it written first before I can do that.

Watching ... some YouTube videos on various creative things I'm wanting to try my hand at.

Listening ... to the windchimes on the front porch and an exuberantly happy bird. 

Baking ... there's sourdough rising on the kitchen counter waiting to be made into some bread. Sharon does something with sourdough every week, So many, many delectable treats we have had thanks to her.

Last week she made some sourdough cinnamon toast crunch cereal. Even though we'd tweak the recipe a bit next time, it was still a success.

Cooking ... We enjoyed a chowder, chicken soup, and chili this week. Somehow it seemed like the thing to do with our house being so cold.

Disliking ... how cold our house is. This morning when I got up it was 64º  It's at 67º now which is still too cold for me, but I refuse to have a heater going in August!

Loving ... creating Dutch Doors in my bullet journal. It's been  relaxing and almost rejuvenating allowing my creativity to flow.

Playing ...  since the last time I made a post the games we played the most at our house were King of Tokyo,  Samurai Gardener, and Dutch Blitz

I also participated in a variety of shower games at Rosie Mae's bridal shower last Saturday.

Cleaning ... this week I didn't do much other than the daily dozen and washing the kitchen window after a bird managed to create a splattered mess on it.

4 comments:

  1. Cold in August? Yes, that's unusual for here in the South, too, yet those have been our recent morning temps. As I despise the heat of summer, this has been a fresh breath of fall for me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! We're under a heat warning until Monday night here in Nebraska. Over 100F predicted. It was really hot today too. I'm ready for a little bit cooler weather.
    I made chicken fajitas for dinner tonight with my homemade seasonings and onions and peppers I bought at the farmers market today. It was so good.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been quite cool at night here - just north of Baltimore - but it warms up during the day. It is 65 right now at 8 AM, but it will go up to the high 80s later. Perfect weather - cool enough to sleep at night and warm during the day. It gives the old heating system - and our budget - a break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are Dutch doors? What’s a bullet journal? 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.