Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Currently

Reading ... in the Bible I turned to Psalms 103 again this morning. It's one of my favorite Psalms. I've read it often enough you would think I would have it completely memorized by now, but I'm not there yet.

In other books, I have two series here that I'm working my way through. One by Kel Kade, and the other by Ginny Aiken. They're about as different as could be, but I love reading and I have a wide variety of genres I enjoy.

Writing ... it's that time of year where I have to sit down and write up the scope and sequence of next year's curriculum. Even though it's not been long that we finished up our school for this year I'm already getting excited about next year. 

Watching ...  I've watched several different things over the past week. First was a documentary that I can't and won't recommend to anyone else, next was a comedian from the Dry Bar Comedy series on YouTube. It did not disappoint. They're my go to any time I'm looking for a laugh.  Most recently I watched part of an episode of the Summer Baking Championship, it always inspires me to create pretty food and try new recipes.

Listening ... to the sound of a persistent little phoebe bird singing/calling in the tree by the front porch, the sound of tires on a wet road as traffic goes by the house, and the wind chimes chiming merrily in the east wind.

Baking ... Rosie created a new recipe for some cupcakes on Monday. I thought they tasted as good as they looked.


Cooking ... on tonight's menu there are turkey burgers, salad, and potato wedges, and then watermelon for dessert for those who wish to have something a bit sweet.

Feeling ... blessed. I finally got to meet a longtime Facebook friend. She had an Amish childhood as well, and found me through my blog which led to us becoming Facebook friends. She has been a real encouragement through the years and to get to finally meet was everything I had hoped for. So blessed to have her in my life!

Disliking ... the container of worms in the refrigerator. 

I'll give you a minute to shudder as well.

It's there because ... well ... I'm a mother to a young son who absolutely loves fishing. He has provided quite a few fish to our meals

Loving ... the hanging baskets on the porch. Kenneth and Paige gave me a gorgeous one filled with shades of purple flowers for Mother's Day, and then two weeks ago I happened upon three baskets of Impatiens. They looked bad, as if a few more days at the place they were at and they would surely be dead. I had to rescue them. 

With some TLC they are now flourishing, and blooming beautifully. I'm glad I decided to give them a chance.



Playing ... most recently Steven and I have been playing Tally Ho! The beginning of the game is purely luck, but it soon turns strategic. 


Playing it so often led to this post I did on Facebook.

After losing yet another game of Tally Ho! to me, Steven sighed deeply as he got up from the table.

"At least there's one thing I have you beat at, that you'll never get better than me," he said with more than a little note of satisfaction.
"What's that?" I asked.
"I've known Dad all my life, and you didn't know him all of yours."
Well ... you got me beat there, Buddy.

8 comments:

  1. Sweet about him knowing Dad his whole life! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Keep them coming 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for catching us up on all your news. I've never heard of the game, Tally-Ho. I'll have to Google it.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look beyond amazing! Any hints about the ingredients beyond the Ferrero Rocher foils?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many things to bring smiles to you and to me too, those cupcakes and hanging plants and reading. Like you I read in different genres. I should check into Dry Bar Comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lolol...worms in the refrigerator...sweet!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! I endured worms in the refrigerator too when my four sons were in the "going fishing" mode!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.