Thursday, March 16, 2023

Currently

Reading ... this weekend I read Becoming Free Indeed by Jinger Duggar Vuolo, and Spare by Prince Harry. 

I had been looking forward to Jinger's book, even though I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I really liked how she was able to honor her parents, even while "disentangling" her faith from the erroneous teachings of Bill Gothard. Though I didn't grow up knowing about or following Bill Gothard, I could really connect with her as she addressed her faith journey, and chose to follow what the Bible says, even if that meant no longer agreeing with things she had been taught. 

Spare was a book I requested on a whim from the library. My interest in the royal family has been mild at best, but I had heard so much about this book that I thought I'd give it a go. I'm glad I did, even though I found it to be incredibly sad. 

Watching ... some Youtube tutorials on making entremets. I'm still a bit intimidated, but I'm determined to try my hand at it and keep practicing until I get semi good at it.

Listening ... to the sound of several different conversations, the hum of the furnace in the basement, and footsteps coming down the hallway.

Baking ... I had a few overly ripe bananas that needed some tender loving care, so I baked some banana sweet rolls with them.

On the savory side of things I baked several kinds of stromboli, including a new vegetarian one that actually became an instant favorite for most of us.

Cooking ... I have salmon thawing that I want to marinate first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks to Pinterest we found a recipe for salmon that we really love. We like salmon any way, but prepared like this kicks it up quite a few notches.

Feeling ... happy. There are so many little things that make life happy, including the little hand prints on the back window in the kitchen. Somehow I have a hard time washing them away after our sweet little grandson placed them there.

Disliking ... hmm ... I guess I'll go with grocery prices. Thankfully the price of eggs have dropped quite a bit by now, but $2.19 is still more than I enjoy paying for a dozen of eggs,

Loving ... family time. It gets to be more and more precious as the children continue spreading their wings.

Playing ... Steven and I played thirty-four rounds of Hoagie yesterday. He won the majority of them.

Cleaning ... It's time to tackle the storage room again. I have opened the door a few times this week, looked inside, sighed, and closed the door again. But it's on the agenda to get started next Tuesday. No more procrastination.

8 comments:

  1. Hello! Such a nice post to the end the evening. I hope you have a lovely weekend! Enjoy the salmon! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to make salmon patties for lunch! Thanks for the idea!
    Egg prices here for small eggs...$2.49...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy that $2.19 for eggs--they are over $5.5 a dozen for large browns in my part of New England. Would love to hear more about your salmon recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I enjoyed salmon more than I do. Hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Mary Ann! Thought of you when it snowed the other day! We we're "expecting" 18 - 24 inches... We got 4. It was like we must have been the hole in the donut! I wanted more.
    Loved your post. Now might want to read both books. I keep thinking of baking but I'm dieting, so, maybe not just yet! I completely understand adorable handprints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking of requesting Jinger's book from the library but haven't done it yet. I have "Spare" and began reading it on the flight home from London in February but haven't finished it yet. We have a huge interest in the royal family because we have a child living in London and our daughter-in-law is a lifelong Londoner. She stood in line for hours to walk by the Queen's casket.
    Your cooking/baking all sounds delicious.
    I know what you mean about family time. Cherish it all. None of our children are at home any longer and two of them live very far away.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy your posts and this was no different. After reading your comment about Singers book I reserved it at the library so I can read it as well .

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love salmon so I'd be interested in your recipe. My husband cooks it with Chinese rice wine and soya sauce and stir fry veg, But be good to have a new recipe. I might check my library for the book Spare, just didn't want to buy it,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.