Thursday, June 23, 2022

Happenings

     Things have been somewhat of a comedy of errors around here since LV got hurt. There's over a dozen things I could write about, but I'm only choosing three, of varying degrees of oh-no!

    1. I opened the door to one of our lazy susans and spotted fresh evidence of a furry trespasser. 
    It's summer! Mice should be fat and happy outdoors, but apparently the treats I have on hand were more tempting than seeds and what ever else mice feast on outside. 
    I cleaned up the mess, and then Steven rose to the occasion and by the next morning our house was once again furry trespasser free.

    2, I got up to find a text on my phone from Rosie Mae. She had left for work early that morning, but on her way she hit a deer.
    Her poor car received quite a bit of damage, but thankfully she wasn't hurt. The car is now sitting at the auto shop. Meanwhile she has a loaner. It got dinged in a parking garage the first day she used it.           Four years of uneventful driving under her belt and then two incidents in two days had us all shaking our heads in disbelief and sympathy.

    3. We were all doing our chosen evening activities, reading writing, etc when Steven announces frantically. "Look at the ceiling!"
    I went to see, and here the ceiling in our hallway was sagging badly. A few minutes later, it came down.
    The girls and I cleaned the mess up, but the gaping hole in the ceiling will remain until LV is back up and able to make the repairs.
    We have no idea what caused it to come down. So strange!

    It's four weeks already since the accident where LV got hurt, and surgery is finally scheduled. We're all really looking forward to getting to the other side of that and have healing be able to truly begin. As of now he is hoping to be able to walk again by Thanksgiving. 

10 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving! Good grief! Five months away. Maybe you can teach him how to knit or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago, when my father was recovering from heart surgery, a beloved neighbor came over and taught him how to make bread. French bread, dinner rolls, all kinds of things. He got to be really good at it. On the other hand, he could stand and walk, albeit not far at a time.

      Delete
  2. My, you all have had a time of it! Hope surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes life just seems especially chaotic doesn't it?. I'm glad Steven is a brave soul who can take care of furry visitors. They give me the heebie-jeebies and can't even look at them.
    Poor Rosie Mae. I imagine she was terrified when she hit the deer. That is so scary. And then to get another ding so quickly. Shake your head indeed.
    But mostly, poor LV. He has to be feeling frustrated. I think most men would be. Not being able to fix the ceiling and five more months to walk! He must have the patience I've always longed for. I'll continue to pray for all of you. Take care and take some deep breaths. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot happening all at once, it's very hard. Hoping for better times ahead , and no mice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life seems to be throwing you a double punch lately. I pray that things get better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to pray for him and for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. prayers for LV's healing. sending hugs your way. sometimes life is in a very bad mood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My farm-boy husband will want to know whether Rosie Mae loaded up the deer and brought it home to become meat, but I'm guessing not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great LV's surgery is scheduled. I really hope he is able to walk again by Thanksgiving. Glad only the cars got hurt in the accidents. And hope whatever caused the ceiling to come down like that is easily fixed and doesn't happen again (or in another part of your home).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.