Friday, October 15, 2021

Catching Up

     With everything that this year has held for us, writing, even here on my blog, has felt frivolous which meant day after day passed without any writing being done. Every time it felt like I was coming up for air, and maybe start returning to normal, something else would come along.

    So what were these events?

    First, as you're already aware ... my Mom's diagnosis, battle, and then passing away from cancer.

    Second ... Steven's health issues which were finally discovered to be Lyme Disease. He is much improved since we found out what it is and how to treat it.

    Third ... LV's eye that had been injured so badly in the explosion last year had a stitch pop when he over exerted himself at work. Thankfully his surgeon was able to do a quick procedure to remove it and it didn't require a hospital stay.

    And most recently ... my dear sister (in-law) Emma, passed away unexpectedly last week. It was just a little over nine years ago that her husband, LV's brother, had passed away leaving her and her eight children behind. While we are all rejoicing for her to finally be reunited with him and get to be with her Saviour, she will be so greatly missed.

    As much as I will miss my best friend and sister, my heart is crushed for her children. Yes, we'll all be okay, but heaven just got so much sweeter and we long for the day when we can be together with our loved ones again.

~~~~~

    Now that I've caught up with the major happenings I'm hoping to return to normal blogging again. In spite of everything, I have missed it.

    

13 comments:

  1. What a year your family has had. We have missed you but understand that blogging takes a place way at the back of the line when life events must be endured and dealt with.
    I'm so sorry for the sorrow you're feeling with Emma's death. May our God comfort you in His loving arms as only He can do my dear friend.
    I'm praying for you and Emma's family.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old are the children now? I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is totally understandable that you have had other things on your mind than blogging.Yes, with each passing loved one, heaven does get sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Ann and Family, May God comfort you with your losses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for God's healing hands on you and your family. Prayers for their children. God bless you all. 💛

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you were able to find out what's wrong with Steven so he could get the treatment he needs, and that LV's issue with the stitch in his eye could be solved quickly and without a hospital stay. Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's passing though, especially so soon after you had to deal with the ill health and loss of your Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry for all you have been through prayers for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats very sad for you and her family, yes in the arms of the Lord but a big gap in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you took the time you needed off. I am also glad you do still enjoy it because I have missed your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for catching up. Your posts have been missed, but I'm so glad you took time away. You have been in my prayers lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.