Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Currently ...

Reading ... I'm almost finished with the book of Psalms in my morning Bible time. In fiction I'm half way through Marigold by L.M. Montgomery. At first I thought it was incredibly boring, but I'm glad I kept reading because it has become much better.

Playing ... not a lot lately, though I did tell Steven I'd play his choice of board game this afternoon.

Watching ...  Best Baker in America. I enjoy it, even though it gives me a an unneeded desire to bake and make pretty foods.

Cooking ... I have some hamburger thawing to make enchiladas for supper. Last night I made baby back ribs. They were okay, but not the best I've had. They had been on sale at Aldi, but even with the drastic price cut I'm not sure they were worth it.

Calling ... I don't remember the last time I called someone. This morning the phone rang and because I was expecting a call I picked up even though I did not recognize the number. The voice on the other end of the line asked if she could please speak to Jack Sparrow. I was surprised and immediately burst out laughing. I wish now I would have said something along the lines that he is out looking for Davy Jones locker.

Crafting ... we just finished up several fun diamond painting canvases. They're now ready to be framed. They turned out lovely.

Loving ... the warmer weather, and that it's not raining. I'm hoping my flowerbeds will finally dry off enough that I'll be able to transplant the flowers I got at the greenhouse several weeks ago already.

Disliking ... this stubborn cough/cold that Steven is recovering from.

Listening ... to the sound of the washer and dryer running in our laundry corner. The noise the pair makes drowns out the prettier sounds that I know are there, such as singing birds and a rushing waterfall.

Drinking ... water mostly, but also a less than delicious drink twice a day. It's not that bad, but will also never be a favorite. It's made with raw ginger, parsley, cinnamon, vinegar, lemon juice, and water.

Wanting ... to go to the library soon. We have things due back tomorrow. So far I have never had a library fine in my life, and I want to keep it that way.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading all the things you are up to currently. The Jack Sparrow phone call would have made me laugh too. We finally had a bright, sunny day here today too. We've had so much rain lately that the sun was a welcome sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving...the warm weather. I never thought I would hear you say that!! I know you LOVE the cold! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.