I wish I could say I'm operating at 100% capacity, but I don't think I can. I'm somewhere in the 90's though, but there's always something more I could have squeezed into my day if I had simply made myself do it.
What's keeping me there? I simply don't have the energy I used to have when I was younger. This getting old business isn't as great as I used to think it would be, and I'm not even old yet.
2. Have you done your taxes? Planned/booked a summer holiday? Thought about or started your 'spring cleaning'? Besides what's listed here, tell us one task that needs doing before spring rolls around.
We have gotten all of our tax info to our tax preparer weeks ago already, but haven't heard when she's going to get them finished.
Holiday/vacation ... what's that? We haven't had an actual vacation in over ten years. I don't see it happening this year either.
We have started our spring cleaning. We're taking out time to it, but so far I'm enjoying it. It's satisfying somehow to know by the end everything you own will be as clean as possible. Though at the speed we're going the first items we cleaned could very well need to be cleaned again.
3. What's a favorite food from your part of the country?
I don't like maple syrup, maple candy, or really maple anything, though that's a big thing in our part of the country.
4. This isn't a leap year, but let's run with it anyway...look before you leap, a leap of faith, grow by leaps and bounds, leap to conclusions, leap at the opportunity...which phrase might best be applied to your life currently (or recently)? Explain.
Hmm ... I'm not exactly sure. Though being in the passenger seat while trying to teach a teenager how to drive takes a certain leap of faith. And I keep hoping her driving skills will grow by leaps and bounds. She is doing well, it's just one of those things that takes patience and practice.
5. As the month draws to a close list five fun and/or fabulous things (large or small) you noticed or experienced in February.
Some of the things I've enjoyed during the month of February are:
- Working in the kitchen with our children.
- Listening to good music.
- Getting to work on some craft projects.
- Seeing the spring flowers begin growing in our front yard.
- Playing games, doing puzzles, and reading.
On the warmer sunny afternoons Steven has managed to convince Sharon to go outside with him and help him build a log cabin. It's been fun watching them work/play together like this.