I wouldn't necessarily say I've been surprised by life. Change comes gradually, even big changes are mostly premeditated. Sure there are unexpected happenings along the way, but that's life. Not exactly surprising.
But, if my teenaged self could have looked twenty some odd years into the future and seen the life I'm living now, that would have been surprising. Not being an Amish farmers wife like I was sure I would be and instead being decidedly not Amish, a homeschooling Mom, author of a book series, wife of a man who rebuilds semi trucks, and everything else our non Amish life involves I would have been stunned speechless.
2. Sweet potato fries, sweet potato casserole, a baked sweet potato, a bowl of butternut squash soup, a caramel apple or a slice of pumpkin pie...you have to order one thing on this list right now. Which one do you go for?
I'd go for a slice of pumpkin pie, not the normal heavy orange stuff though, but a slice made with my Mom's recipe. A light, creamy, completely delicious treat of a pumpkin pie.
3. What's a famous book set in your home state? Have you read it? On a scale of 1-5 (5 is fantastic) how many stars does it rate?
Well ... Beverly Lewis, Suzanne Woods Fisher, and a lot of other Amish fiction authors have their books set in our home state. I have read all but the latest of Suzanne Woods Fisher's books. She is a very talented writer and when reviewing her books I would always rate them a five out of five.
4. There are 60 days until Christmas...have you started your shopping? How do you stay organized for the holidays?
I have started Christmas preparations, and already have a few gifts tucked away waiting to be wrapped. I keep my idea books/planners nearby. I love planning and organizing life in general and holidays even more so.
5. October 26th is National Tennessee Day. Have you ever lived or spent any time in Tennessee? Is this a state you'd like to visit one day? The top rated tourist attractions in Tennessee are-
The Great Smoky Mountain National Park (Gatlinburg area), Elvis's Graceland (Memphis), Birth of the Music Biz (Memphis and Nashville), Dollywood (Pigeon Forge), Tennessee's Military Heritage (many battlefields), The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home), The Parthenon (Nashville), Oak Ridge American Museum of Science and Energy, Chattagnooa and the Tennessee Valley Railroad, Downtown Knoxville, Lookout Mountain, The Titanic Museum (Pigeon Forge), The Museum of Appalachia (Clinton), and The Lost Sea Adventure (Sweetwater)
How many on this list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?
The only thing I've really done in Tennessee is drive through it, but I would love to visit the Great Smoky Mountain National Park someday.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
There's something about sunrises ... I love how no two mornings are the same. I also love how those few minutes our family will watch them in silent wonder, just soaking in the beauty.
His mercies are new every morning.