Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. We've reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? Is that typical? On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what's your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM?

At 3:15 yesterday I was picking up paint and supplies at Napa for LV's restoration project. Is it typical, no, but it's also not the first time I've done a Napa run for him.

My mid afternoon energy level on an average day is usually around an 8.

2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball...which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.

A curveball. Some things have gone drastically different from what we had planned, but it's all good. The writer in me wants to shout out "plot twist" and keep on enjoying life instead of getting sad or upset at what could have been.

3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why.

1) The arrival of the last books we had ordered for our upcoming school year, so I can get the finishing touches on our schedule. The tracking number says they've been at their destination in "Stow Ohio" for a while already. That's not even the right state. I'll have to call the company I ordered from soon, if they don't arrive in the next day or so.
2) An air conditioning unit or at least a dehumidifier. The humidity and I are not friends.
3) A vacation. It's been years since we've had a real vacation. It would be really nice to be able to get away and relax for a while.

4. Do you think you're strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong?

Physically, not really. I'm not allowed to lift anything that's somewhat heavy.

Mentally/emotionally. Yes, I think so. Why? Because:
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What's your favorite book set sometime in the past?

Does Anne of Green Gables count as historical fiction? If so, then I'll definitely choose that series as my favorite. If not, I'll go with Janette Oke's Canadian West or the Love Comes Softly series. It's been quite a while since I've read them, but they used to be favorites as well.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

 
We enjoy spending time outdoors as a family. Especially in a nearby nature reserve. Somehow even with the summer heat Steven really likes wearing his favorite almost too small, long sleeved, ugly yellow shirt when ever possible. It makes me feel too warm just seeing him in it, but he loves it. It does give him added protection from the sun and hungry mosquitoes, so maybe he's the smart one and the rest of us should look for similar shirts to wear to go hiking.

10 comments:

  1. Ah, humidity! Maryland is famous (?) for its summer weather, especially near the coast. There are days when going outside leaves you feeling as if you are walking through Jell-O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in Minnesota I know humidity! It is almost the most uncomfortable part of the summer. Only things worse are the mosquitoes and ticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that "Plot Twist" response. I might have to borrow that one. If I lived in a hot humid area I would definitely wish for an air conditioner/dehumidifier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AC all the way! I think Willis Carrier should have won a posthumous Nobel Peace Prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the yucky humidity problems here, too. You can hardly breathe due to the heat and humidity. I think a plot twist sounds pretty good and also, I believe Anne of a Green Gables counts. Love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely, Anne of Green Gables counts. One of my favourite. It was a joy to see the play in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island and visit the home of where the imagination was penned.
    PS: Love your blog's name "A Joyful Chaos"


    ReplyDelete
  7. Your attitude about "plot twist" is GREAT!!! I will remember that the next time I get thrown a curve ball!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your books made it! Stow is a mere 30 minutes from me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate waiting on the arrival of a shipment, so frustrating! At 3:15 yesterday I was setting up our camper on a cute little site in Illinois near the Missouri line!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ordered books for homeschool. Thinking of starting homeschool with my five year old. Do you follow a curriculum? Are any of the books you use found at the Amish book stores or did you decide to do something different? I am inspired by you to homeschool but I'm a little nervous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.