Wednesday, October 7, 2015
No. Though I do enjoy a lot of different pumpkin desserts. Things such as my Mom's Pumpkin Pie, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin pudding.
Growing up Amish I never realized how pumpkin related things were considered fall related. Sure we canned our pumpkin in the fall, but we used it year round with no special time to have an extra focus on it.
Strawberries though ..... now that was something seasonal because only in June could we enjoy fresh strawberries and all the delicious things to make with them.
2. "We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible." Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld
What's something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will?
I don't know. The word impossible doesn't really have room in my vocabulary.
3. The rose is America's National Flower, but every state also has its own (click here to see the list). Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state's flower? If you're outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country's national flower?
I am happy with our state flower. It's not my favorite flower by any means, but I do think it was chosen wisely.
4. What have you lost interest in recently?
Again I don't know. My areas of interest keep growing rather than diminishing. There are things such as sewing and baking I don't do nearly as much as I used to, but it's not because I've lost an interest. With two daughters who love baking I hardly ever get the chance to bake anything, and since we no longer make all our own clothes, sewing doesn't happen nearly as much either.
5. In your opinion, who's the best living musician?
There are so many, but one of my favorites is Kathryn Scott
6. S'mores-love 'em or no? Ever make them indoors? Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? Are making s'mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? Do you have an autumn bucket list?
I have only had one once, and I loved it. The last time I sat around an open fire was two years ago when we were visiting friends. Sitting around a fire pit is no where near being on my autumn bucket list. I don't really have an autumn bucket list.
7. Your favorite small town? Why?
My favorite small town is the town we live closest to. It's picture perfect especially during the winter when it could easily qualify as the picture for the front of a Christmas card.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Christmas pageant practice begins tonight. This year only Sunbeam qualifies for the age/grade bracket. She's excited, I'm feeling mixed emotions. How did we get to be old enough to have children too old to be part of the church Christmas pageant? Sniff, sniff.