Wednesday, August 6, 2014
1. What would you say is the key to success?
Patience, persistence, not ignoring those gut instincts.
2. Have you ever been to the Florida Keys? Any desire to visit that part of the US of A?
I have never been to the Florida Keys, but I would love to visit someday.
3. When and where did you last see a real live donkey? Monkey? Turkey?
Donkey: Several years ago while we lived in Missouri our next door neighbor had miniature donkeys. They were the cutest animals with the biggest voice. We enjoyed them a lot.
Monkey: I have never seen a real live monkey. Would love to visit a zoo before long.
Turkey: Yesterday. There are several large flocks that roam the hillside and woods behind the barn.
4. An old Portuguese proverb says, 'Beware of the door with too many keys.' What do you think this means? Share an example of how this has proven true or false in your own life.
Hmmm..... I've never heard that one before. What comes to mind is to beware of trying to please everyone.
No idea if I'm even close to what they had in mind, but I absolutely think it has proven true in our life. We would go batty if we tried to fit our life into every mold that has been thrown at us.
5. Besides your home, vehicle, and special jewelry, what is something you keep under lock and key?
The letters LV and I wrote to each other before we were married. No one needs to accidentally stumble across them and read them.
6. When did you last get keyed up about something?
Keyed up as in nervously excited? I wasn't really nervous, but was feeling excited about having a new school year begin. Today is day three, the children are loving it, and so am I.
7. Who thinks we need an easy one right about now? Key lime pie...yes please or no thank you?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have been competing with the birds to get the black raspberries on a few bushes. I think I have enough to bake a pie. The raspberries are now over, and blackberries will soon be starting. I'm hoping to be able to get more of those if the birds don't beat me to them again.