Wednesday, September 18, 2013
1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
The last time I sang Happy Birthday to someone was on Sunbeam's birthday. The last time it was sung to me was on my birthday by LV and the children. I don't mind if they sing it to me, but I would like to shrivel out of sight if it's a group thing. I used to hate it in school, and it was even worse in one of the Amish communities we lived in and they sang it after the Sunday evening hymn sing. I didn't enjoy that even the teeniest little bit.
2. Name a famous or 'infamous' person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?
Queen Elizabeth shares my birth month. Would I like to meet her? Not necessarily, though I would rather meet her than most other famous people.
3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?
A great camera, or maybe an ipad.
4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
If you ask me to keep a secret I will not share it with anyone.
5. Talking art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or 'The Mona Lisa' in The Louvre, Paris...which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
The odds of me ever visiting any of those cities is slim to none. And art is not my thing. Most of the famous pieces I wonder why they ever got to be famous.
6. Your favorite dessert?
Favorite dessert is probably homemade cherry pie, though I do love warm freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, vanilla pudding served in chocolate shells with a strawberry compote is simply delicious. I'm not sure I can pick a favorite there are so many great options to choose from.
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)...what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
Something we do to get ready for fall is fill the coal bin. Our fall calendar has various fun fall themed baking days. I prefer fall, the blessed signal of the end of summer and knowing winter is just around the corner.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Clean up continues after the fire at my parents' bakery/store. It still feels like a bad dream.