Saturday, January 2, 2010

Odd Things About Me

There is this list of things circling around and I thought I'd join in today for a change.

1. Do you like bleu cheese? Yes.

2. Have you ever smoked? No.

3. Do you own a gun? No.

4. What color Kool Aid was your favorite? Pink Lemonade.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not really. It's not something I look forward to either.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? An occasional one is fine but I certainly wouldn't want to have to eat them often.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? Still searching for a good one. Any suggestions?

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water.

9. Can you do push ups? Who has time to do push ups when there are so many more fun and less strenuous things to do?

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I don't have any. (Yet)

11. Favorite hobby? Finding and trying out new recipes.

12. Do you have A. D. D.? No.

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? No.

14. Middle name? Ann

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. Wondering when I'll ever feel toasty warm again. I really should be getting the children to bed. Happy that tomorrow is Sunday.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, water, water. Yes really. I am that boring.

17. Current worry? I am actually getting pretty good at not worrying too much.

18. Current hate? Unannounced visitors. Okay hate is a pretty strong word for that but there isn't much that bugs me as badly as that.

19. Where would you like to go? Grand Canyon or Niagara Falls.

20. Name three people who will complete this: No idea. I guess anyone who wants to join in.

21. Do you own slippers? No, but I could use some.

22. What color shirt are you wearing? Mauve.

23. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No.

24. Can you whistle? Yes.

25. Where are you now? Kitchen.

26. Would you be a pirate? No. For numerous reasons.

27. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever is going through my mind at the moment.

28. Favorite Girl's Name? I'll go with one I never got to use. I always liked the name Jennifer.

29. Favorite boy's name? I still like the name Samuel for some reason.

30. What's in your pocket right now? Nothing.

31. Who last made you laugh? My husband.

32. What vehicle do you drive? An F-350

33. Worst injury you've ever had? Broken ankle while doing carpentry work.

34. Do you love where you live? Not really.

35. How many TVs do you have in your house? None.

14 comments:

  1. I'll have to say that was interesting! I guess I figured that you had at least 1 television in your house. Polar Express, Christmas Vacation and The Santa Clause movies are our favorite Christmas movies. I guess I never thought to ask this when you had your questions and answers post, but now I'm wondering if the Amish wear wedding rings?

    Hope you are enjoying the new year despite all of this cold weather! lol We are currently at 18 degrees outside at 11pm. Brrrrrr!!!

    Happy New Year!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your answer to #9 to be most profound. ;) My kinda gal! This was fun to read, and I heartily concur with #18 - that just chaps my hide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your answers, too. And I agree with #18. I have tried to get comfortable with it. Trying to always be prepared for pop-in guests is stress-inducing for me and we don't need that. We live in a very small apartment with no laundry area and things (like the basket of dirty laundry) are not always hidden from sight. It would take 5 minutes to prepare for guests, but when they are staring in your window it is too late.

    And a couple times I tried popping in on people that have repeatedly said to do so, but when I do that it seems quite obvious that they didn't mean it.

    I am glad to see that I am not the only person that doesn't like unannounced visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting!

    I don't have television either! And unannouced visitors horrify me!

    Glad you don't worry much -- gosh, share your secret!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post - do you mind if I post that too??? These are fun in a "getting to know you" kind of way. Christmas movie: Holiday Inn! It's a Wonderful Life is good but kind of long. I wish everyone would do one of these - I love learning new things ~ and you boring?? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good for you for having no tv! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOLOL...life with and for you is NOT boring!!! interesting..tho!! LOL..and well I don't care for drop in guests..unless they are family or very very close friends...otherwise...call!!!??? and I hope that your "New Year" is happy and full of contentment...hugs from Ora in KY

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this...gonna borrow it and do tis list on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was fun to read. I will try to do it on my blog too. It's a good way to learn more about our blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading your answers, and I have to agree with you on the unannounced guests. As a pastor's wife sometimes I feel like I live in a fishbowl, so I feel like I have to be at my best 24/7! But serving the Lord is a blessing and well worth the fishbowl sydrome! Ha. Hope you have a great day, I enjoy your blog...very nicely done.
    Your blogging friend,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading your answers, and I have to agree with you on the unannounced guests. As a pastor's wife sometimes I feel like I live in a fishbowl, so I feel like I have to be at my best 24/7! But serving the Lord is a blessing and well worth the fishbowl sydrome! Ha. Hope you have a great day, I enjoy your blog...very nicely done.
    Your blogging friend,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christmas Shoes, very good christmas movie...a little sad though, christmas blessings and christmas hope are a sequel to christmas shoes also good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog and your post....it's always fun to learn about other people....Christmas movie...I like the Christmas Card...Christmas Shoes...It's a Wonderful Life{probably my all time favorite!}
    Unexpected guests make me nervous...not that I don't enjoy guests, but they never seem to show up when I have just finished cleaning..only before the cleaning begins usually =)
    I may borrow this and post it on my blog and see who shows up! Thanks for visiting my blog,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! I grew up without a TV too. Now that I'm married we have 2 and I find it relaxing to watch a good movie or show now and again. It's like the internet, you have to be careful what you watch or see. Nice thing about remotes, you can change the channel or turn it off. :o)

    My Mom (@ Breath of Fresh Air) sent me over here to your site. I've enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.