I have learned to be comfortable with silence. It used to bother me when meeting new people and I didn't know what to say. Any silence was cringe worthy, but thankfully I got over that.
Complete silence is really rare in our house. There's always the fridge running in the background, and now that it's colder the furnace produces a continual noise.
There is a place I love to go to be silent. I don't get to go very often, but if you need a spot to sort out thoughts or simply soak in the beauty of nature and ponder on the greatness of God I know the perfect spot to do that. If I shared my favorite quiet spot others might start seeking it out as well and it wouldn't be quiet any longer.
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?
Sadly, I won't be celebrating.
If I could have any of the mentioned chocolate options I would go for a strawberry dipped in real milk chocolate, not the disgusting fake stuff that is often found in chocolate fountains.
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
I'm more of a skirt kind of person.
I also don't own a blue jean jacket.
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?
I am not superstitious at all, which is kind of surprising considering all the superstitions I was surrounded with while growing up.
Back in the day there were several I believed, and one in particular that gave me a bit of grief.
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
The possibilities are endless considering all the fabrics and sewing supplies I have available. Since I don't have a lot of time for sewing I would probably just throw on one of my old Amish dresses and call it scary enough.
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?
Other than spiders, mice, and snakes? When I'm home alone in the dark and I hear some odd noises it always bothers me a little. I usually sing How Can I Fear and the truths of those lyrics always help.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I ______________________________.
Finally reach all the goals I set for myself this morning.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Another Christmas pageant practice tonight. I'm trying to think of something I could take along to work on while I wait for Sunbeam. I so detest handwork, but being surrounded by other moms happily crocheting, knitting, embroidery and even fabric painting makes me think I could be doing something a little more creative with my time there than simply visiting and watching them get something done.