Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Thank-you Daddy for always being there when I was growing up. When ever I had a problem I could count on you to help me take care of it.  When I was five you would come and chase the monsters from under my bed in the middle of the night. When I got older and was having trouble learning new math concepts you would sit with me in the evenings to help me get things figured out. You were there to teach me how to work and how to play. When I needed advice you always took time to stop and listen to what I had to say. Thank-you for knowing how to give advice. Always kind and sensible, never demanding.

Thank-you Daddy, for teaching me the value of family time. That the time we spent together was much more important than what we did. Thank-you for taking us on Sunday afternoon drives, thank you for sharing your love for nature, flowers, and other beautiful things.

Thank-you Daddy, for providing for your family in every way. Thank-you for loving Mom and making our home a happy one.

I miss you Daddy and dedicate this song to you.

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have had such a man for a father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the song. Thankyou for sharing. Glad te memories of your father are good ones to treasure:)
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post to your daddy. Love that song too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful tribute for your father. Thank you for sharing with us.

    :)Erin
    http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tribute to a wonderful man. The song is beautiful. You were very blessed to have such a wonderful father, and he passed so many of his wonderful qualities right on to you. He would be so proud of you now.
    XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful Father's Day greeting.
    My biological father passed away many years ago, so I'm celebrating Father's Day with my Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute! I love that song, brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear it. A friend of mine sang it at my dad's funeral. Thanks for sharing.

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tribute to your Daddy!!!

    I pray your parents will "come around" and you all can be family again. (seems I recall you writing when you and your husband left the Amish religion your husband's family still gets together with you all but your family doesn't.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like my dad who passed away in 1998. I sure miss him.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful tribute to your Dad. I always get a little teary when ever I hear that song.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely tribute to your daed, and with such a perfect song. May your children grow up to feel the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.